Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hello world

This is my first blog entry on blogger.com. It's really a continuation of my other blog, the one that I started at http://blogs.sun.com/fkieviet. Why did I start a new blog? Blogs at blogs.sun.com are tied to Sun Microsystems, my employer. With the world in economic turmoil, Sun included, I felt it was a good idea to have a blog not tied to my employer. A few words about me: I'm a software engineer. Building software has been my hobby since the Commodore 64. I'm glad that I've been able to turn this hobby into a full time profession. I currently work as a Senior Staff Engineer at Sun Microsystems. There I work as a lead in the SOA/Business Integration group, and am a contributor to OpenESB, an open source platform for Integration and SOA.

It's been a long time since my last blog entry on blogs.sun.com. Been busy -- work has been piling up, and it's difficult to justify taking time to write a blog when people are waiting on me for work to be finished. (And that's another reason to start this blog instead of continuing on blogs.sun.com.) How I find the time to write this then? I'm on vacation this week!

No comments: